Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Middle Ground

It is typical of the American left that we have formed a circular firing squad around 9/11. The obvious truth is that whether through incompetence, tacit compliance, or overt guidance the Bush administration was responsible for 9/11. Yet instead of focusing on that fact we argue amongst ourselves about how the Bush administration was responsible for 9/11 rather than affirming that they were responsible for it. In these posts I’ve described some common fallacies I have found in the Truth Movement. I want to stress that for the most part I agree with them more than I disagree. It is clear from US history that the US is capable of contemplating and implementing false flag operations that result in innocent civilian casualties. Also, if ever there was a presidential administration capable of deceit and contempt for human life it is the Bush administration. I believe the Bush administration is ethically capable of killing US citizens in order to implement some greater benefit. My quarrel with the Truth Movement is that many of their theories lack evidence. I agree with them that the Official 9/11 report was a whitewash. I just think its a mistake to indulge in speculation when the rational answer is that we don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment